Deadline Extended! 2023 BioTech Trek to Boston, March 13-16, 2023
Are you interested in a career in biotech? The Loeb Center is hosting a career exploration trek in Boston during Spring Break (March 13-16, 2023). There is no cost to participate.
We will visit start-ups, larger companies, and labs, talk to researchers and innovators, and learn about a range of technical and non-technical roles. You will emerge with a clearer-eyed view of the field, understand a range of job functions and how to prepare for them, and meet a LOT of Amherst alumni who want to help you succeed.
- Mandatory participation in pre-departure orientation session February 25th
- Completion of all pre-departure research assignments
- Full participation in all group discussions, conversations with alumni, and site visits
- Participation in post-trip debrief session(s)
- Those accepted into the program will sign a contract committing to the program.
To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest via Handshake. The letter of interest should include responses to the following:
- Why does a potential career in the biotech field interest you?
- What current development or topic in biotech is of most concern/interest to you and why?
- What would you hope to learn about careers in the biotech industry that you do not already know?
- How do you imagine that this trek might impact your career exploration or decision making?