Deadline Extended! 2023 Tech Trek to San Francisco, Jan 16-21, 2023
Are you interested in a career in tech? The Loeb Center is hosting a week-long career exploration trek in San Francisco and Silicon Valley during Interterm (Jan 16-21, 2023). There is no cost to participate.
We will visit start-ups and big tech, talk to entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, and learn about a range of technical and non-technical roles. You will emerge with a clearer-eyed view of the field, understand a range of job functions and how to prepare for them, and meet a LOT of Amherst alumni who want to help you succeed.
Past treks have included alumni-hosted visits to tech companies including Facebook, Google, Airbnb, Lyft, and venture capital firms Sapphire Ventures and Greylock; this year's program will be our biggest and best yet!
- Mandatory participation in pre-departure orientation session December 3rd
- Completion of all pre-departure research assignments
- Full participation in all group discussions, conversations with alumni, and site visits
- Participation in post-trip debrief session(s)
- Those accepted into the program will sign a contract committing to the program.
To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest via Handshake. The letter of interest should include responses to the following:
- Why does a potential career in the tech field interest you?
- What current development or topic in tech is of most concern/interest to you and why?
- What would you hope to learn about careers in the tech industry that you do not already know?
- How do you imagine that this trek might impact your career exploration or decision making?