Charles Hamilton Houston Internship Program
About the Program
The Charles Hamilton Houston Internship Program (“Houston Program”) is designed to provide Amherst students with substantive, meaningful, paid summer internship opportunities in various industries across the U.S. and abroad.
In addition to providing students with quality internships, the Houston Program offers students 360° support throughout the entire internship cycle, including preparatory advising, professional skill development, and assistance throughout their summer experiences. Through this process, students will develop valuable and transferable skills, expand their networks, and gain exposure and insight to further their career exploration and planning.
- A broad range of summer internship opportunities hosted by Amherst alumni, parents, and friends of the College that are designed to challenge students to expand their skill sets, discover new talents and interests, and cultivate new professional relationships.
- Workshops and programming that walk students through how to land their ideal internships and best utilize their summers to further their career goals.
- Dedicated staff members available to offer one-on-one advising and support throughout the school year and summer.
- Structured performance feedback from summer internship supervisors.
- Access to additional internship-related tips, advice, and student success stories.
Please visit this website to learn more about the Houston Program.
How to Apply
Please note that before completing the steps below, you must have attended at least one of the following Internship Preparation Workshops:
- Internship Search Process 101
- Foundations of Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Mastering the Internship Interview
Application Steps (You must complete BOTH steps to apply)
Step One: Submit your resume by clicking the green "Apply" button at the top of this posting.
Step Two: Complete the official intake form (LINKED HERE).
Click here to see the list of questions on the intake form.
You will receive an email confirmation of your application status within 1 - 2 business days after completing both of the above steps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Loeb Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 413-542-2265.