Internship (Summer/Fall 2019)
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) helps China’s most motivated students gain admission to and succeed at America’s best colleges.
As an Intern at ESC, you will serve an important role in helping an organization continue to deliver exceptional service to top high school students who are navigating through the American college application process. Responsibilities may include:
- Working 1-on-1 with ESC students on various aspects of the application process
- Teaching students to research colleges and critically evaluate their educational options
- Assisting with cultural activities and workshops to help students prepare for life in America
- Helping to plan and execute marketing and special events
- Research projects, including data entry and analysis
- Additional tasks as needed to support ESC students and staff
- Current enrollment in or recent graduation from a top college or university
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Able to work well in a cross-cultural environment
- Warm personality and ability to connect with high school students
- Facility in Mandarin Chinese is a plus, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Excited about a dynamic work environment with fun colleagues
A cost of living stipend of 3,000 USD is provided in two installments over the duration of the program. However, we encourage interested applicants to apply for any relevant grants through their university’s career resource center.
About Elite Scholars of China
Elite Scholars of China (ESC) is the premier education consulting company in China and aims to educate China's top high school students about their undergraduate options in the United States. ESC offers high-quality college-counseling services, SAT, ACT and TOEFL test preparation, US college tours and educational workshops to China's academically accomplished high school students.
ESC students have been admitted to every top American college and university, including: Amherst, Brown, Caltech, Carleton, Colby, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Emory, Harvard, Haverford, Middlebury, Northwestern, Princeton, Pomona, Stanford, Tufts, University of Chicago, University of Pennsylvania, University of California – Berkeley, Vassar, Wellesley, Wesleyan, Williams and Yale.
ESC was co-founded eight years ago and is managed by Stacy Palestrant (BA, Wellesley & MBA, Chicago Booth) and Tomer Rothschild (BA, Wesleyan & MBA, Wharton). ESC is based in Beijing – next door to the US Embassy.
Our application period is from November 1st, 2018 through April 30th, 2018. We usually have a high volume of candidates who apply for a limited number of spaces. Due to the selectivity of the position, early application is encouraged.
Please send your cover letter, resume (GPA included) and transcripts through your school’s Career Portal (if possible), or direct any questions to our HR Director, Dorothy Ajayi at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will begin reviewing applications for the Summer/Fall of 2019 in January 2019. Applicants who email, should write in the subject line, “Internship Application – First name, last name”.